The law says we have to put terms and conditions on our website. You should read the whole document for the complete story, but here's a brief summary:
- Don't copy or use anything on our website without the appropriate permissions.
- Don't rely on anything on the website – it is for general information only and it might be outdated as we don't guarantee to keep everything up to date.
- We can change or get rid of or suspend access to the website if we want to.
- We don't take any responsibility for other websites linked to ours.
- We exclude liability for losses incurred because of our websites to the full extent allowed by the Law of England and Wales.
- Don't do anything evil with our websites.
- You can link to our websites, but only in a legal and nice way.
- You can't do it if it will damage our reputation or to give the impression we in any way endorse or are associated with your websites (unless we do, then get our permission in an email!).
- Write to us at email@example.com if you've got any questions about these terms and conditions.
The Hobbyist Software websites (the websites) are operated by Hobbyist Software Limited ( also referred to as “we” and “our” in these terms). Information about Hobbyist Software Ltd is shown in the footer of this page.
- Hobbyist Software Limited is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our websites and in the material published on it. All intellectual property rights are reserved and you should get appropriate permissions before reproducing any of our website content.
- Everything posted on our websites is intended as general information is not intended to be advice (professional or otherwise) on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on material on our websites by any visitor to our websites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of their contents. The contents of our websites might be out of date and we have no obligation to keep the websites updated.
The content displayed on our websites is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we and any third parties connected to us expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our websites or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our websites, any websites linked to them and any materials posted on them including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of data
- loss of business
- loss of goodwill
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- wasted management or office time
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- With respect to uploading and sharing jumps and participant (roster) details, the following apply:
- You must only upload or share jumps that do not infringe copyright
- You are responsible for ensuring that you only upload participants if you have permission
- You must not upload or share jumps which are likely to be considered offensive
- We can and will delete your jumps without notice and for any reason. (Typically, we will delete them after they have not been viewed for some period of time)
- You grant us a perpetual royalty free licence to share your jumps
- We will attempt to manage the privacy and security of your jumps according to the settings you choose - but you should assume we are incompetent and all your information could leak publicly at any time
- You should assume that we're utterly incompetent and liable to lose your information irretrevably at any time. We'll try not to - but you have been warned!
- We grant you access to the websites on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the websites without notice. We may also close our websites indefinitely or suspend access to it
- You must not do evil to or with our websites; for example by knowingly introducing material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our websites, the server on which our websites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our websites.
- You can link to our websites, if you do so in a way that is legal and appropriate and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link that suggests association with Hobbyist Software, or approval or endorsement on our part unless you have our written permission.
- Where our websites have links to other websites and information/resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for information only. We don't have control over third party websites, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from you using them.
- By using this website, you agree to send us a cutlass or a box of chocolates (dairy free please) every 'talk like a pirate' day.
- Our failure to expressly enforce any provision of these terms and conditions does not waive our rights to enforce that or any other provision.
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our websites.
- Any questions about these terms and conditions or anything else to do with Hobbyist Software Limited, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.